I’m still fairly new to this stuff and did some experimenting with old picture frames before giving this project a try. The first one came out nice, and I felt less afraid.
My friend was pregnant with a daughter and I wanted to make something for the baby’s room so I decided to give her one of my experimental frames and something with the baby’s name. I swung on over to Hobby Lobby and picked up some small wooden letters, a large wooden letter, a wooden bird, and yellow acrylic paint. I had some scrapbook paper on hand that I planned on using.I Mod Podged the scrapbook paper onto the bird and letter first (many tutorials on Pinterest about how to do this), but I found this to be a really great one. While the paper was setting I painted the letters and let everything sit for a few hours to dry and cure.
After everything was dried and cured, I used the Mod Podge to attach the letters and bird and let everything sit overnight.
The next morning I very generously sprayed the entire project with fixatif (I prefer Krylon Workable Fixatif) to give it a glossy look and make it easy to dust and keep clean.
No comments:
Post a Comment