Kitchen Creations

July 5, 2014

Reusable Dryer Sponges

I am all about saving some money! I was thrilled when I realized my savings after making my own powdered laundry detergent, but I was even more happy when I realized I wouldn't have to buy dryer sheets ever again!

Dryer sheets are very useful for many things, but more often than not I find that they seemingly multiple in the dryer (or am I the only one that happens to?) and then end up in random places and finally end up in the trash.

A friend told me about this little trick and it's a good one!

You'll Need:
  • 1 sponge
  • 1 cup fabric softener
  • 1 cup water
Prepare:
  • Cut the sponge into four equal pieces.
  • Mix fabric softener and water in a sealable container (a jar or old Tupperware works great).
  • Put sponges in mixture.
To Use:
  • Grab a sponge and throw it in the dryer with your clothes like a dryer sheet.
  • When clothes are dry, put dry sponge back in mixture to reabsorb some liquid.
  • Just remake the mixture as needed, which shouldn't be too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment